Check out the alleged Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge press renders
Samsung is expected to lift the lid on their next flagships (the Samsung Galaxy S7 and the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) later this month. This said, the internet is filled with leaks involving the two devices. In a new leak, the devices’ press renders give us a better look at the Korean tech giant’s next flagships.
Press renders leaked
The alleged press renders of the Samsung Galaxy S7 and the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge were leaked by serial leakster Evan Blass (also known as @evleaks on Twitter). Like a lot of Blass’ leaks, they usually end up being the actual device, which could be the same case here.
Past Samsung Galaxy S7 and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge rumours:
- 5.1-inch flat Super AMOLED screen with a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels (Quad HD) for the Samsung Galaxy S7
- 5.5-inch curved Super AMOLED screen with a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels (Quad HD)
- larger 12-megapixel BRITECELL rear-facing camera with f/1.7 aperture (an upgrade to the 16-megapixel camera with f/1.9 aperture of the Galaxy S6 despite the smaller megapixel count)
- rear camera flush with the surface (no more camera hump)
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera for snapping selfies and video chat
- microSD card slots
- IP76 certification (dust- and water-resistant)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC for markets such as the US and China
- Samsung Exynos 8890 SoC for international markets (version headed to the UK)
- 4 GB of RAM
- 32 GB and 64 GB internal storage options
- 128 GB option should be available in select markets
- wireless charging for both devices
- reversible USB Type-C port
- 2,600 mAh non-removable battery for the Samsung Galaxy S7
- 3,600 mAh non-removable battery for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- colour options include black, white, and gold
So when do we get to see the Samsung Galaxy S7 and the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge make their official debut? The Korean tech giant is expected to host its Unpacked 2016 event on the 21st of February in Barcelona Spain. This is the event Samsung is expected to lift the lid on its next flagship.
Like what you see? Let us know through a comment on our Phones LTD Facebook page.