The Japanese firm announced on its website, “The next Sony software rollout for Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ultra starts right about now.
“We’ve been working to blend our Sony Xperia software with Google’s Jelly Bean release to create some cool user experiences (if we say so ourselves) – in addition to a few performance tweaks here & there, some of the functionality you can look forward to includes:
- Google’s Android 4.3; Jelly Bean as standard – bringing Project Butter performance & UI optimisation and a smoother graphical experience
- Launched with Xperia Z1, we’re now bringing Sony’s Smart Social Camera to Xperia Z Ultra – our signature camera experience, that lets you download, access and enjoy “Xperia camera apps” directly from within the viewfinder
- We’re also uplifting Sony’s entire native app portfolio to the latest versions – bringing tweaked / improved / current experiences for (to name but a few): Messaging, MyXperia, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID, Sony Select and…
- Sony’s Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration – a more converged and full Sony entertainment experience – Sony Entertainment Network & PlayMemories integration with a more intuitive UI, offering seamless access to both local and cloud content
- The launch of our unique custom interface experience: “Xperia Themes”, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select – more on this soon…
- The latest Android security enhancements, matched with Sony’s mobile enterprise solution: Xperia in Business
It notes, “As usual, timing & availability may vary by market & carrier.”
Have you received the Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) update for your Sony XPERIA Z1 or your Sony XPERIA Z Ultra? Let us know through a comment on our Phones Limited Facebook page.