There is no doubt in our minds that the HTC One is the most well-designed Android-powered smartphone in the market. It has won numerous awards from various sites and the Taiwanese phone maker boasts about these awards on its official blog.
We set out to change what’s possible when we released the HTC One earlier this year and as we approach 2014, we’re reflecting on the tremendous response we’ve received from some of most respected minds in technology.
Whether it was your reaction was to the all-metal design, front facing stereo speaker or our re-imagined Sense experience, we thank you and all our supporters this past year. We’re excited for 2014 and the innovations the new year will bring!
- Smartphone of the Year 2013, T3
- Gadget of the Year 2013, T3
- Best Mobile Phone 2013, Pocket-Lint
- RANKED #1: The Most Innovative Smartphones of 2013, Business Insider
- Top 10 Smartphones of 2013: There Can Only be One, ZDNet
- Reader’s Choice: Best Smartphone of 2013, Android and Me
- Travel Tech Awards – Best Overall Phone, Travel + Leisure
- Phone of the Year, TrustedReviews
Best in Show
- Best in Show – MWC, TechRadar
- Best New Mobile Handset at MWC, Global Mobile Awards
- Second Place, e-Tech Awards, CTIA
- Best of Show – Best Smartphone, Mobile Geeks
Winning…Again and Again
- First place, People’s Choice – 39 consecutive weeks, PhoneDog
- First place, Expert’s Choice – 2 months in a row, PhoneDog
- Best Product Designs, PhoneArena
- Design Award, T3
- Best Design, BGR
- Best Smartphone Design and Sound, Laptop Magazine
Unfortunately, winning all of these awards was not enough generate sales for the HTC One. Despite these awards, rival flagships such as the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the Apple iPhone 5S are dominating the smartphone market.
Have you gotten your hands on the HTC One? Do you think it should have generated more sales? Let us know what you think through a comment on our Phones Limited Facebook page.